Do you have what it takes to be a significant player driving a $25B company’s product SEO strategy? When you work with Ferguson, you support the people who work hard every day to improve our communities!
Being a Ferguson Product SEO Strategist requires a passion for how the strength of SEO builds better relationships between us and our customers. When you join our growing team of industry-leading experts as a Product SEO Strategist, you will align with other highly skilled SEO marketers by creating strategy for our eCommerce, product-page experience.
The Product SEO Strategist will have a deep understanding of on-page ranking factors and will deliver standard methodologies around site hierarchy, category structure, product refinements, product content, and appropriate metadata for each page type.
- Is a Google-everything expert; Google Search Console, Google My Business, GA 360, etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for product-related processes and strategies on Ferguson-owned websites
- Align with Merchandising, Product Category Management, Digital Commerce, and IT to deliver on-page optimized experiences for our customers
- Deliver technical recommendations to support site development optimizations for sites consisting of more than 1M product detail pages.
Seo strategy & responsibilities
- Review existing SEO strategy and continue best practices for SEO across websites supporting the enterprise
- Monitor the behavior of external customers to ensure that our experience aligns with customer intent.
- Investigate competitor product strategies
- Perform keyword research and search market analysis
- Liaise across teams and departments to determine where modifications and improvements can be implemented
- Partner with cross-functional teams to test and implement product SEO improvements
- Implement changes in content management systems (CMS)
- Work with the SEO Manager to help define Product SEO KPIs and provide regular updates pertaining to this information
- Create actionable reporting and present to management for goal progress and budget justification
- Keep up to date with latest SEO trends, strategies, and algorithm changes
- Research and evaluate new optimization opportunities
- Align Search Engine analytics with GA360 to show comparable search story
- Experience and/or understanding of other marketing channels (e.g. PPC, Email, Social)
- Experience working with project management systems (e.g. JIRA, Workfront)
- Experience working with large eCommerce sites and implementing technical improvements
- Always represent the company in a professional manner
- Ensure quality customer service and follow-up
- Abide by all policies, rules and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations, and procedures
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
- Work overtime as needed
- 5+ years of prior SEO working experience preferred
- Experience working with SEO tools (e.g., Google Search Console, Google Analytics, DeepCrawl, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEMRush)
- Expert understanding of SEO standard methodologies
- Passion for SEO and digital marketing
- Ability to create, justify, communicate, and implement SEO strategies across teams and external agencies
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Data-driven and analytical approach
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize workload appropriately in order to balance multiple demands and meet timelines as required
- Increase customer traffic to website
- Increased revenue
- Increased time on site
- Increased lead generation
- Reduced exit rate
Please Note: This role is open to 100-percent remote work, otherwise this location is based out of Newport News, Virginia.