The Operations Specialist II will have a range of responsibilities. The primary responsibility will be assisting with legal processing, which includes subpoenas, levies, order to withhold, etc. Additional responsibilities may be to provide back-up support in Operations upon training and may be assigned other special projects. All employees should embrace the core values of the bank and incorporate these values in their daily interactions. Teamwork is expected daily along with good interdepartmental communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience in handling Banking Operations Legal processes, such as Subpoenas, Levies, etc.
- Process items according to established processing guidelines, to include any Legal Process Document preparation and organizational skills
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Answer department calls, assist caller, take messages or transfer calls if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of FIS applications, such as Horizon, Subpoena Centre ,ImageCentre and SharePoint
- Prioritize daily responsibilities to complete all assignments and task within required timeframes established.
- General risk management identify suspicious activity and escalate.
- Identify potential violations to regulations or procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience of at least 2 years in banking operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills. The ability to provide exceptional customer service with various businesses and is comfortable talking with business owners, bookkeepers, controllers etc. (internal and external client)
- Good understanding of banking operations
- Ability to effectively express and exchange ideas with others clearly and concisely both verbally and electronically
- Knowledge of consumer and business banking, deposit products and services
- Knowledge and experience handling Banking Operations Legal processing
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Time management skills, ability to multi-task
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Work from home
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.