We’re Dials, and we’re doing for buildings what Github did for code: making work visible, social, and fun. Our core mission is improving the physical condition of property – public schools, hotels, high-rise condos – and the lives of the janitors, volunteers, and others responsible for repair and maintenance.
This work is important. When done well, its dividends are comfort and safety; when ignored, its costs are collapsed buildings, even loss of life. Poor financial planning at Champlain Towers South caused one of the deadliest structural collapses in history last year, leaving more than 100 people dead.
Doing this well is a huge effort, incorporating aspects of computer vision and AI, financial planning, facilities management and large-scale Internet platform development. Our founding team includes 15+ years combined experience in Silicon Valley, one prior exit, and technical leadership at the first company to legally operate an 18-wheel semi truck on a public highway with nobody in the cab. We’ve assembled a great team of 30+ investors from Stripe, Square, Coinbase, and Heroku, and are a distributed-by-choice company with the founders in different cities.
We’re making product design our first hire because we see ourselves as similar to Square: lots of semi-technical users, served by an inexpensive, self-serve product. Product Design will be a key growth driver for the business and accordingly, this position offers a ton of visibility and room for growth.
About the role
You will be working closely with the founders in designing the product end to end, from user research to formulating product requirements, creating wireframes to producing a visually beautiful design, followed by user testing and continuous improvement. Key responsibilities are:
- Design and execute user research studies, gather data, synthesize findings into actionable insights
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to define, design, ship, and iterate on the products
- Demonstrate your skills in UX, building design systems and processes, illustrating, visual design etc.
- Leverage data to understand customer behavior and continuously refine the product to provide a seamless user experience
- Let your creativity shine by designing marketing collateral - text, images and videos
- Bring best design practices from software and other industries into the company
- You have 3+ years of professional Product Design or UX/UI experience for web and/or mobile applications
- You are able to ship quickly and can balance your perfectionism with the quick turnaround time of early-stage, fast-moving startups
- You thrive in an iterative environment and enjoy analyzing data (customer usage) to continuously improve the design
- You collaborate effectively with a small team of passionate individuals from various backgrounds
- You are excited to have major impact on the product and overall success of the company
- You have great communication skills and are good at both giving and receiving feedback
- You have experience using Figma, Sketch, Photoshop or other similar tools
Nice to haves
- Experience in products which move money
- Experience in products with a large suite of features
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity upside
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) and 401(k)
- Fully remote position within the US. We will have occasional team get togethers with advance notice.
- We work hard and play hard and offer generous PTO
Please share your portfolio or examples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions. Please use the application link or email us at [email protected]