Remote, (AMER or UK) - Marketing - Full-Time
PolyScale is changing how databases are distributed and scaled. Our mission is to enable edge-first data by simplifying global caching for developers. If you are passionate about developer experiences, data performance and are a curious problem solver, join us.
We’re a small (<10), Series Seed funded and fully-remote team that’s engineering heavy. We fully embody principles of servant leadership.
You will be joining an early-stage startup and be part of the founding team. We are offering founding team equity for this role. As an early part of our GTM team, you will have an opportunity to make key technical decisions which help define the future of the PolyScale platform, shaping how we build and scale.
What you will be doing:
- Writing, speaking about, and helping invent the future of edge data caching by collaborating with PolyScale customers and industry thought leaders.
- Creating engaging and informative online resources (code samples, articles, videos, blog posts, etc.) increasing awareness of the PolyScale platform and partners.
- Speaking at conferences and meetups to build PolyScale’s reputation as a thought leader around data scaling, database observability and caching.
- Building compelling demos, code samples and benchmarks to help demonstrate PolyScale’s integrations and use cases.
- Creating developer-facing documentation and training materials for PolyScale’s API to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Contributing code to related open source projects as well as PolyScale’s client libraries.
- You’ll represent the voice of the user back to our product team to make our products better.
- Supporting current and future customers by tag teaming with our engineering and support teams in forums and social media.
- Be a specialist on PolyScale’s platform capabilities and data design patterns
What you will bring along:
- Strong Technical Acumen; Full Stack Development Technologies preferred with a passion for data driven applications.
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (eg. MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- You find joy in serving the community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs
- Writing excites you - you are an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things
- Proficiency in written English, with examples of work that demonstrates your ability to simplify complex concepts for developers.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things
- Demonstrated experience writing blogs and technical articles
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams
- Hands-on experience in creating code-intensive content in various formats such as videos, live streams, and blogs.
- Public speaking experience and desire to present in webinars, small and large groups, meetups and conferences.
- Demonstrated engagement on Twitter, Twitch, Dev.to, Stackoverflow or other developer-centric channels.
What would be great:
- Experience with serverless platforms, global deployments and microservices.
- Familiarity with Edge Computing
- Experience with distributed systems, high availability and scalability
- Hands-on experience with Container frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud technologies like Serverless/Lambdas/Functions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Remote working (AMER or UK))
- Early-stage company - true ownership over your work
- A great work-life balance
PolyScale Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.