Teylor is a fintech startup based in Zurich, Switzerland. Our goal is to bring SME-Lending into the 21st century by building credit-scoring and credit application software that allows European small businesses to get access to financing more easily. Our core product is the Teylor lending platform which digitizes and automates the entire SME credit cycle. Banks use our technology to automate their processes and we use it for our own lending activities. We work to solve two key problems: First, we help banks to digitize, become more efficient, and cut costs. Second, we help SMEs to get faster access to liquidity. Our goal is to become the leading European lending technology provider over the next few years.
If you want to work in a dynamic and well-financed fintech that makes a real difference for small businesses and the financial industry, Teylor is the right place for you. As we are growing fast, we can offer you attractive growth opportunities.
Your Role at Teylor
We are looking for someone with senior-level experience building backend systems to join our team and help build our SaaS lending platform.
In this role you will work closely alongside our existing development team, Head of Lending Solutions and CTO to understand and implement financial software and features. You will build secure, high quality software, while also helping to define MVP approaches to expanding our SaaS platform internationally. You will be working on expanding our platform's feature set to cover use cases for a growing number of banks that rely on the Teylor Lending Cloud to digitize their entire lending operations.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and take ownership of components of the Teylor Lending Platform,
- Write production-grade, robust and well-tested code, primarily in Go but with some Node.js/Typescript work as well,
- Develop financial software and services,
- Develop integrations with our partner banks and various external financial systems,
- Maintain high code quality via robust testing, peer code review and automating as much as possible,
- Work closely with designers, product managers and other team members to conceptualize, build and launch new features.
- A degree in computer science OR equivalent experience as a backend engineer
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down complex problems for people unfamiliar with the topic.
- Strategic problem solving abilities with the ability to work independently and a can-do-attitude.
This is a fully remote position and you MUST be located within Europe and willing to work mostly during our standard working hours (~9:00-18:00 CET). You will join an existing remote development team
Nice to Haves
- Experience with backend development in Go including running Go code in production
- Experience with serverless/functions/lambda architectures and technologies
- Experience with AWS APIs, CloudFormation and/or other infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience with relational databases and SQL - especially Postgres
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD)
- Experience working in remote teams and at small companies and startups.
- German language skills
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package.
- Equity participation in the company.
- 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Regular team meet ups in different European cities (once Covid is done).
- A diverse and international team.