Geora is on a mission to make sure every farmer worldwide has access to the finance they need to protect the planet and grow premium produce. We are an early-stage, deep tech start-up leading at the junction of agriculture and blockchain.
We have been around since 2018, and we are currently scaling our team and looking for high-achieving, self-motivated and sustainability-minded folk to join the Geora core.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of the Geora finance product over the next two years, including integrating worldwide in-platform payments in fiat currencies, encoding complex financial instruments into smart contracts, and incorporating decentralised finance and crypto payments into the platform.
- Work with the rest of the team in distilling requirements, meeting directly with customers and stakeholders, architecting the application and product roadmap, and guiding the development process.
- Architect and build the Geora finance and payments product, primarily in the TypeScript/PureScript/Haskell backend codebase and Ethereum smart contracts, using functional programming languages and techniques.
- Meet with stakeholders to gather and distill requirements. For example, you may meet with banks and lenders and encode their existing financial instruments into smart contracts.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience leading development of a greenfield product or large feature through the development process
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Ideally, experience building applications for payments, finance, or banking, or some exposure to these domains
- Interest or experience in functional programming is a big plus, especially in Elm, Haskell or PureScript, and formal verification techniques
- Base knowledge of blockchain: the underlying principles, advantages, and disadvantages of the technology, its tradeoffs, and the DeFi ecosystem
- Strong backend engineering skills including API development and relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Self-directed and able to work well and push for change within a small team
- The ability to mentor junior software developers
- Good customer-facing communication skills
- Ideally, experience in the agri-finance or DeFi space, and some knowledge of smart contract development, particularly on the Ethereum blockchain (although this is not required)
- Eligible to be employed in Australia or Singapore
We are always improving the way we do things to make sure Geora is a key pillar in you living the life of your dreams. As part of this, we run a fully remote team with all the perks to help you succeed from any location.
How remote works at Geora:
- Work from anywhere in the APAC region!
- Each employee is part of either the Sydney or Singapore node and should be able to travel to the Node at least quarterly.
- We provide hot desking opportunities through your Node to access co-working spaces and workshops with your team, however it is assumed that all Geora team members take advantage of our remote policy and provide their own primary place of work.
- While we encourage you to roam far and wide, all applicants must have a valid working visa entitling them to be employed in either Australia or Singapore.
We believe the best products are built by diverse teams, and we celebrate uniqueness and diverse perspectives. We also value all different kinds of experiences. If you don’t quite meet all of the qualifications but think you’d make an exceptional addition to the Geora team, we’d still love to hear from you.