We are a remote-first startup on a mission to change photography in its fundamentals by enabling anyone to take high-quality and professional product shots for marketing and e-commerce in 3D environments, faster, better, and cheaper than ever before. Recently, we landed a seven-figure investment from a European Tier 1 fund to take our vision global!
We are now looking for an Infrastructure AWS Architect to help bring the company to the next level.
The kind of stuff you’ll do:
- Have ownership over delivering rendering power to our users with AWS, including setup and maintenance
- Work closely together with our rendering experts & both our technical founders
- Monitor and improve performance over several regions
- Improve our custom user/load balancer that assigns users to a for them dedicated rendering server during their session and orchestrates up and downscaling of servers
- Optimize costs and instances
To rock this job, you’ll bring:
- Relevant experience over several years building and maintaining at least medium-sized projects, a large portion of that with AWS
- Expert knowledge with ECS, EC2, Docker, or Kubernetes, as well as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Expert knowledge in AWS in general on a level of “Professional Solutions Architect”/“Professional DevOps Engineer” according to AWS certifications (the certification itself is not mandatory)
- Availability during usual work times in our main timezone - Central Europe / CE(S)T
- Fluency in English
- A team-oriented personality and ability to work collaboratively with developers and various stakeholders
- Capability & interest to learn fast
Nice to have:
- AWS technical “Professional” certification.
- Experience with GraphQL, Algolia.
- Experience with 3D tools and rendering.
- Interest in photography and/or visual arts.
How do we work?
- We are a remote-first company and will stay so (yes, also after Covid) - our main time zone is Central Europe (UTC+1 / UTC+2).
- We work in a virtual office - Gather.town that allows us to still keep micro-interactions while being completely remote.
- We work with OKRs, which we plan in monthly cycles for teams to enable fast progress. The sprint planning for the development team is done in two-week cycles, issues are tracked with Github.
- Every day we meet for the morning daily to sync on important updates.
- We share with each other feedback regularly during the weekly sessions. Additionally, you will have monthly 1on1s with one of the founders.
What we offer:
- Experience working in an early-stage startup where you work at a fast pace, but can have influence over the product and company’s growth.
- Work in a very friendly and international remote team - currently, we have 11 people on board working in 6 different countries!
- Two technical founders who care about the product and development experience.
Remote office set-up and we may get you co-working space near you if you prefer.
Competitive salary and an attractive equity package as an early employee. If the company is successful, you should be too! -> We offer a salary of 55-85k EUR yearly. The actual salary can be higher and will be a competitive package combining base salary and equity, and is negotiable depending on previous work experience and cost of living in your location.
Annually EUR 1.000 benefit budget to spend for your extra gear, setup, gym subscriptions, learning activities, books, etc.
Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Regular, fully-paid company-wide offsites, where the whole company comes together somewhere in Europe (depending on the Covid situation).
Oculus Quest 2 VR Glasses for social activities and/or development. Prepare for some good dose of competition in VR! ;)
- Once we receive your application, we will review it as soon as possible. We don’t require cover letters, but if you feel there is something in particular that we should know, please include that in your application.
- If your profile meets our requirements, we will contact you shortly. If it doesn't, you will also hear from us. Promise. If not, our Head of People Jagoda will be locked in the box of shame.
- The recruitment process will consist of a short call with our Head of People and 2 meetings with the team and founders. You will get all the details during the first interaction with us.
If what you’ve just read sounds exciting to you, the next steps will be:
- Go to zerolens website and check out our product - you can register here for free!
- If you like what you see, apply using the link below!
Join zerolens as an Infrastructure AWS Architect and change the world of photography!