Hi, we’re Swoop.
We built Moovs, the SaaS tool to help SMB transportation operators run their business, and Swoop, the marketplace where people book private transportation.
Swoop’s mission is to make private transportation (shuttles, buses, vans, etc..) accessible, transparent, and affordable for everyone.
Founded by transportation gurus and technology experts, Swoop is a VC-backed mobility tech company committed to creating a service that customers love and our partners rely on.
Competitive salary + equity + unlimited flexible vacation + 100% medical & dental/vision + paid 1:1 external coaching
Intrigued? Read on to learn why you should join us and make a positive impact on thousands of small businesses and millions of people.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement and iteratively improve new and existing frontend and backend systems.
- Help make the right tech decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop rich integrations with industry leading platforms to provide SMBs with payroll, insurance, financial, and communication services.
- Participate in the design and implementation for both internal and external APIs.
- As we continue to grow, you’ll influence our Engineering vision by providing input for how we align to company goals, how we organize, and how we work.
You’ll be great for this role if you
- Have a strong understanding of Typescript, React, Node, GraphQL.
- Have working experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Feel comfortable taking the lead as well as working independently on new features - all the way from idea to deployment (together with other developers and Product Designers).
- Understand the balance between maintainability/scalability and meeting business goals.
- Give detailed feedback in code reviews and prioritize making the team better.
Even more awesome if you might
- Have experience with Material UI (now MUI) or other design system libraries.
- Have experience with mobile languages and frameworks: Kotlin, Swift, React Native.
- Have experience building products leveraging external APIs such as Twilio, Stripe, Google Maps.
Our current tech stack is
Frontend: React, Typescript, MUI, GraphQL Apollo; Backend: GraphQL Relay, Node, Express; Storage: PostgreSQL, S3; Dev-Ops: AWS (EC2, RDS, Route53, etc), Firebase Auth.
Perks and Benefits
100% Medical Coverage - Life is precious. We got you covered.
Flexible working hours - Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Unlimited Time Off - We encourage you to use the flexible time-off policy, including a 3-week minimum vacation policy!
Semi-annual Reviews - Ensuring good work is compensated well, great work is compensated greatly, and that we have a happy and productive high-caliber team.
Equity - Every new hire receives equity in Swoop. We expect all our team members to take ownership at Swoop, and we give ownership in return.
New tech gear - Macbook, trackpad, you name it, we’ll get it.
Awesome HQ - Five blocks from the surf and sand in Venice Beach, CA. Loft style office with a full kitchen, 2 showers, a Playstation 5, and more
Individual Coaching - 1:1 expert coaching from BestPracticer paid for by Swoop. Everyone at Swoop is a lifelong learner.
- Everyone who joins us at Swoop helps shape and evolve the culture.
- Our guiding principles include - show up as your authentic self, embrace change, take ownership, nurture yourself, and be transparent.
- Prioritizing People - we invest in your professional and personal learning and growth. We care about the quality and scalability of our work because we know our users’ names and needs.
- At Swoop, we want the best engineering department and know diversity is key to achieving that. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is not just part of the hiring process, but an ongoing initiative.
The Swoopers (aka People)
- We have Video Game heroes, Mountain Bikers, Bakers, Basketball Players, Skiers, Surfers, Ice Hockey players, Movie Buffs, Musicians, Family people, Single people, and many other collaborative and team-oriented people. We know you’ll find friends here.
- Fill out our very basic application form or reach out to us (apply, email, shout, call).
- We hold a brief intro call where you’ll learn more about us while we learn more about you.
- We invite you to a live interview over zoom (including a coding challenge, technical discussion, and systems design problem) so you can meet members of the team and get a sense of what engineering at Swoop is all about.
- Final Interview is a meeting with the co-founders, to give the final green light.
Note: This is a fully remote position, and while we are looking to grow our team in the Los Angeles area, we are open to candidates who reside anywhere in the United States.
At Swoop, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Swoop, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Swoop, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.